"Parallel Lives" is the twelfth episode of VR.5 and was never aired during the show's original broadcast in 1995. This episode guide is from the VR.5 FAQ and was originally written by the authors of the FAQ.
|Written by||Jeannine Renshaw, Thania St. John,|
John Shirley, John Sacret Young
|Directed by||Michael Katleman|
|Previous||The Many Faces of Alex|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
This episode plays with the concept and characterization of almost every character we have met so far. Much of the dialogue is taken from earlier episodes but it is said by the wrong character under very different circumstances. It involves Duncan waking up to discover that Sam was the one who survived the crash as a child, not Syd (who only appears in one very brief scene), and that the lives of each character are substantially different. It is extremely convoluted and literally requires the viewer to keep track of VR inside VR inside VR. Concepts of reality are toyed with throughout.
Cast and Crew[edit | edit source]
Main Cast[edit | edit source]
- Lori Singer (Sydney Bloom)
- Michael Easton (Duncan)
- Anthony Head (Oliver Sampson)
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
- David McCallum (Dr. Joseph Bloom)
- Will Patton (Dr. Frank Morgan)
- Tracey Needham (Samantha Bloom)
- Penn Jillette (Orwell Kravitz)
- Billy Burke (Marco)
Crew[edit | edit source]
Written by: Jeannine Renshaw, Thania St. John, John Shirley, John Sacret Young
Directed by: Michael Katleman
VR.5 was created by: Adam Cherry, Geoffrey Hemwall, Michael Katleman, Jeannine Renshaw, and Thania St. John
Executive Producer: John Sacret Young
Co-executive Producer: Thania St. John
Co-executive Producer: Eric Blakeney (2,3,5,6,8)
Supervising Producer: Michael Katleman
Producer: Naomi Janzen (2-10)
Producer: Jack Clements (2-10)
Producer: Mel Efros (1)
Co-producer: Geoffrey Hemwall
Observations[edit | edit source]
- Syd is using Compaq computers.
- It is possible to have a VR sequence within a VR sequence within a VR sequence.
Spoilers[edit | edit source]
- Duncan now believes that Sam and Doctor Bloom are alive.
- Doctor Bloom is alive and testing Duncan for some unknown reason.